CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

James broke his arm too.......

November 13, 2011 we were at a cheer competition for Bethannie and while we were there the lights went out in the city. So the school lost power. Well I had been running around with the girls trying to get makeup done and bows right. I was heading back to the gym to see if there were any more of our girls and I heard some one ask me if I was Tara Shumaker. ( I did not know who the person was so I hesitated as I said YES) I heard my name being paged of the intercom and I am thinking what in the world is going on. I walk in the gym and at the bottom of the bleachers sits both James's. And with out even hearing anything I can see James broke his arm. It was so disgusting. He was not crying but just sitting there as the people all around him seemed to be freaking out. I laughed when this man walked up to me. placed his hand on my shoulder and said "Don't worry, I'm a cop" I just looked at him and wanted to ask well unless we are under arrest I am not sure what you need. Well he proceeded to pick up James and start telling everyone exactly what to do which made me laugh a little. I tried to tell him his FATHER had it and we could handle it. Well I guess it is the law here that they have to call an ambulance and so we had to wait for it to show up and get James. It was only then when the paramedics walked in that I saw James start to show some emotion. He got a little teary eye when they said they were going to move his arm. He was not OK with that. But he was brave and did great.


So here he is in the er. He was very interested in the TV. And wanted to be left alone.


You can sort of see the bend in his forearm. Which is where he broke it.



There is a good picture of the bend.



He was sent home in a splint and on Thursday that week he got a full arm cast. He had that one on for 4 weeks. Then had another x-ray done. He had to wear a half cast for another 2 weeks. And now is in a splint he is suppose to wear for the next month. (But I don't think he ever wears it) He likes having his arm back to normal and that he can do everything again. But he has a major bend in his arm still and will have it for a couple years till his arm starts to grow and pulls the bone straight. Sounds like fun huh. But he is doing a lot better now.





1 comments:

Happy said...

I am glad that I got to sign his cast while he was here visiting over the Thanksgiving holiday. We loved seeing him and how he was able to use his hand and arm. XOXOXOX Nana and Papa