CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

When it rains it pours literally

Ok so James has been gone for about 10 weeks and things that I never thought would have gone wrong have. A short bit after James left I was doing laundry and I hear bubbles coming up in the toilet. Well long story and yucky story later our water line had broke and we had all the yuckies coming up in our bathtub and toilets and it was just not a good day. We had to call the city and they came out to look and see if it was there problem or the landlords problem. Well it ended up being the city and at 11:00 P.M. they decide they need to come back in the morning and they would have a big dig up in the morning. So that is just what they did. Let me tell you though I had no clue what i was suppose to do with something like that. I am not very handy and I do not know anything about how to turn water off or anything. Well it was all fixed and we have been rolling along just fine here till this morning.

I wake up at 5:15 to this awful hissing sound. It sounded like water was running but I did not know where. I thought maybe the toilet was running. No not that. I went into the kitchen and my first step in I was greeted with a wave of water. I was now standing in a lake that has decided to form in MY kitchen. Why I ask Why does this stuff always have to happen when I do not know what to do. SO I figure out it is my refrigerator. I call my landlord and wake him up saying my kitchen and part of the carpets are flooded due to water coming from the refig. Fun right well the water is every where and it has soaked up into carpet and broke a ton of the tiles on our floor. So in other words I have a huge mess. The landlord is already here trying to help get this all fixed so we shall see just how bad it is. All I know it I have been running a carpet cleaner and I bet I sucked up over 10 full buckets of water. So there was a lot of water running everywhere.

7 comments:

sunshine said...

Sounds like a mess!! I know how you feel, when it rains it does pour. Luckily I have over time learned some of the thing to do when those things happen and you will to,it's all a learning experience. Good thing it didn't happen while you were going to be gone for a while, that could have really been disastrous. Good luck with the clean up.

Love,
Margaret

Janice said...

Keep me posted on if you need some "sanity" time. It was fun at the gardens - I wish you could have come. I guess with your mini-flood I will see you when I can see you up until Sunday!

LeAnn said...

Oh Tara! That really stinks (we've had nasty toilet issues and spewing water heater issues, too). And you do know what the right thing to do...call the landlord!

Let me know what I can do to help!!!

Kara and Theo said...

Things like this always would happen to me when Theo was out of town. One night me and the kids all got a stomach flu. Miriam kept throwing up all over my carpet. I had the carpet cleaner out at 3 a.m. cleaning up her mess in between my own visits to the toilet. It makes you realize just how resilient Heavenly Father has made us, and we are capable of overcoming so much. Hang in there! I know you can do it!

Johnson Family said...

wow! that is all I can say! And I love ya, and know you will get through! You are a tough gal and I will pray for you tonight, if I ever make it to my bed...
Love,
Christa

Janice said...

I just wanted to check in on you and see how you were doing. I didn't want to call and interrupt since your mom is visiting. So, I figured I would drop you a line and see if you needed help with anything. Let me know!

Brown Family said...

Talk about crazy! Sounds like you handled everything very well. I would have pulled out my hair!!