CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 2, 2011

Freezer meals

So it seems like as soon as the kids get back into school our schedules become much more crazy. So I happened to be checking out at the grocery store and saw a cookbook for fall freezer meals. So I bought it and the went home and really looked through it and started figuring out what I wanted to make to try and do this. So my list ended up being...
lasagna
hot taco pockets
spaghetti casserole
tater beef bake
make ahead burritos
bow tie ham bake
chunky chicken soup
turkey chili
mushroom corn chowder
broccoli turkey casserole
turkey pot pie
chicken cordon blue bake
mozzarella beef roll-ups
bagel pizzas
chicken pockets
kielbasa chili
empress chili
baked spaghetti

Now some of the recipes are not from the cookbook I bought but instead other peoples blogs and family recipes. I am hopeful that when I am done I will have 30 meals in the freezer. It will be nice to be able to pull out a frozen meal 2 or 3 times a week and not have to worry about what take out we are eating this night. I still have 7 recipes to make but I have only been coking last night and today so not bad. I think I am up to 18 meals frozen already. Any how just wanted to say I am glad I have taken the time to try this. Here's to freezer meals.(as I drink my water)

2 comments:

Happy said...

I love it and I think that it great that you are being able to get meals made and then have time to run and do and spend with family. James will be home again soon and then you will just busier because there will be two of you to run and do and all that happy stuff. GREAT JOB!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO

Janice said...

so nice to read your updates tara! we miss you guys so much! I too am trying to do better with my blog. Seeing your posts motivate me!