CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 18, 2011

A proud wife

So on Friday September 16, 2011 James was pinned to a chief. It has been a long road for him and we are just so proud of him. He has had 45 days of long hours, challenges, great experiences, a fun trip, and lots of sleepless nights. We have not seen much of James since Aug 1 when he was grateful to find out he had been selected to chief. I knew it was going to be crazy stuff going on but I can not say I was ready for what all he had to go through. James's mom and dad were able to come up and spend Wednesday thru Sunday with us and we had a great visit with them. My grandparents also made the trip up to come see the ceremony. I feel very loved to have had family members be there to help support James and show their support and love towards him. My dad came to the ceremony as well. We let the kids miss school on Friday so they could be there as well. So we had a group of 9 people there to watch James get pinned. But after listening to the speaker I found it funny to hear, " you have a question, ask the Chief" They were stating that this is what is heard on the ships all the time. So it may be our new phrase here at the house. "I don't know, go ask the Chief".

This was all the Chief selects boxes that they made and when put together made this emblem. I thought it was cool.


Picture is a little blurry but I thought it was cool with all the hats lined up like this. there were hats on the other side as well. there were 35 Chiefs pinned with James.



The stage where the pinning was done. Kind of hard to see but James is standing toward the front and on the right hand side.



Kind of far away to see but this was James being pinned. I pinned one anchor and James's dad pinned the other.


James in his chief uniform. I think it looks good on him.



Here is James and I after the ceremony and back home. I was so glad to just have him home.



James in his dress white uniform. I do not think this looks like a comfortable uniform with the choke collar.


Another one of James in his dress white.



James showing off his white socks because he decided not to switch them to show everyone his uniforms.


James and my dad.


James and his parents.


James and my grandparents.



James in his new dress blue uniform. I just have to say I love a man (James) in a uniform.


Again another big THANK YOU for every one who came and supported James through this. And THANK YOU to every one who could not make it but sent James best wishes, and support and help from great distances. We love you all and are grateful for your love.

5 comments:

sunshine said...

Hope that John let James know how proud I am of him. He looks great in his uniforms. My favorite is the white. I know you are glad to have him at home or now.

Happy said...

James and Tara; we are proud of both of you because one could not have happened with out the support of the other. You are both AWESOME!! We could not be there, but we were there in spirit and LOVE!!
XOXOXOX
Mom and Mark

Janice said...

way to go shumaker clan! i say a success for James in work is a success for the ENTIRE family! well done guys, miss you all tons and wish we could come visit. here's to hoping he is home a lot more now!

Johnson Family said...

you guys have come such a long way. What an acheivement!!!!! I am very proud of both of you, both the "chief" and the "chief" at home! he he he
how fun to see all the different uniforms. Very regal!
love you all, Christa

heidigoseek said...

congrats james!! i am so happy for our family. just wish you still lived here.