CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

One special day

I had the opportunity to go up to the stake center today and help out with the Gladys Knight's Saints Unified Voices fireside. It was going to be a long day and I knew I was going to have to find some one who would keep my kids for the day but when the Bishop came in and asked for volunteers I raised my hand. I will be totally honest. My first thought was a day away from my kids, Oh yeah that is what I want. So I asked Casey and Sarah to come watch the kids for me and I went down today and was there for about 8 hours. It was truly amazing. I loved being able to see all the people as they seemed to have a bigger smile on as they walked into the Chapel and so excited to hear this. I truly felt the spirit tonight and in a different way. You would hear others who were consumed by the spirit saying Amen out loud and praise god. And while it is not our norm I was so thrilled that they were there to hear her powerful message and that they felt the spirit to feel so moved to share it. She says that one of the Primary songs was one of the first things she had heard when she first walked into our church and it was so simple. The song was I am a Child of God. She sang it with her choir and to hear her sing the song was so amazing. She sings a version you would never hear the primary kids sing but so powerful. I am so glad I can say I got to see it and offer my help. If it is ever near you YOU SHOULD GO. It is worth it.

5 comments:

LeAnn said...

I went at 5:00 tonight and really enjoyed it! I'm so glad you spent the day doing something so wonderful and it sounds like your kids were in good hands!!!

ontheraodagain-sunshine said...

Tara, I am glad you got to go and see nd hear this, wish I could hve gone also. I'm sure the spirit was there, it is a wonderful thing to get those feelings and to know that you are in the true church and that heavenly is therre for us all. We love you very much, can't wait to see you this weekend.

Johnson Family said...

what a beautiful thing to go and do for yourself!! It seems like the Spirit was definitly thick, and I am so glad you were able to make it!
Love ya,
Christa

Janice said...

glad you enjoyed it lady.

Jenna said...

How are you doing, Tara??? Just missing you!