CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 12, 2009

A painter for hire....

So I have been painting the kids rooms. They are all done but I had to tell this story. I was upstairs painting the girls room and Mackenzie had been coming up and down the stairs watching me paint. Well she had been down stairs for a little while and I thought she was watching TV. Well I came down stairs to wash the stencil I had been using. And I did not notice anything for the first while. Then I went to the table and there it was. A HUGE mess. I do not know still to this day how my 3 year old managed to do this but she opened a paint can that I was going to use for the Bathroom. She found a screw driver, opened the lid and then found a paint brush. She had paint all over the table, the kitchen floor. That is all I thought she had done. So i got to cleaning it all up. I then noticed that she had got a lot of paint on the trash can. Oh well I thought. It is just the trash can. Well then as I turned I saw the BIG ONE. She had painted my wall. Not the wall where the paint was suppose to go. She painted it down the hallway. So here is here painting. It was frustrating at the moment but I had to much of a mess to clean up so I could not really do anything. The rotten thing was there was paint on the carpet. SO I will tell you that if this ever happens. I used oxi clean and made a mound over every spot and used a wet rag and started scrubbing. It all came up. So I was excited about that. Any how well I just wanted to show some of the mess. I had cleaned up a lot of it before I thought to take a pic.

We still have not even painted the wall back to white. So every one who comes in the house sees her masterpiece.



6 comments:

Melissa Blair said...

Oh my goodness...you show such great patience! I think I might have been quite a bit more upset after that incident. At least it did not stain the carpet.

Johnson Family said...

wow! I feel better now because this same thing just happened to me a few months ago. It must be a three-year-old thing! Glad you figured out how to get it out of the carpet, mine is still there. I will try your mixture today!

Syra's Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Syra's Life said...

omg! I agree, you have tremendous patience. I would have lost it!

Happy said...

OK Mackenzie, you are HIRED!!! We have lots of walls that need some TLC and I am sure that you are JUST THE RIGHT PERSON for the job. Basement can always use some sprucing up. Tara, you are a GREAT mom for not losing it!!! Enjoy them while they are younger. You seem to be doing that.

Love;

Mom

Jenna said...

That totally sounds like something that one of my kiddos would do! We miss you guys so much! Give that Kenzie a squeeze for me!