CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ward Campout

So we went for our ward camp out on Friday night. I was not sure if it was even going to happen but I decided to tough it out and go. We have just had a nor'easter come through and brought us lots of rain. Well it was still suppose to rain on Friday and Saturday. Well we got out to the camp ground at about 4 and set up our tent with some help of two other men out there. James was not with me because he is still gone on the ship. So I was very grateful for their help.

Well to get to the campground we had to go over this bridge here. If you do not like being over water then you will hate this bridge. It is over 17 miles of bridge and 2 tunnels that go under the water. It is really cool but it was so long. It was crazy expensive to go over it as well. $12 for one car load. One way. If you return within 24 hours though you can come back over for only $5. But I could not believe it was that expensive.

Well here is Bethannie with her friend Lilia. They really enjoyed running around that night.

Well Lilias family brought a Kiack and so He told James he would take him out. James was so excited about it.

All the kids were so excited to get on it they decided to not even wait for it to get in the water.

A bunch of the kids were walking up and down the beach and found all of these horseshoe crabs. They were really cool looking.

Well this was our little group last night that was huddled under a canopy because it would start to spit rain for a minute here and there.

So we stayed up really late considering. Bethannie got to go night fishing with a couple of the guys who took their kids out. She said she did not catch anything.

But one of the guys did. I think they said it was a flounder. So at 12:30 at night they come back drop off the kids and then headed some where to go clean the fish. It was really funny.

James was so tired he literally fell asleep sitting up in a regular camping chair and so I moved him over to this chair so he could relax a little more. It was so cute.

We had a fire going and there were lots of kids roasting marshmallows and eating s'mores. They loved it.

Here is James and his friend Ezra walking in the rain. They were soaked to the bone. They decided that sitting under the canopy was not enough fun and so off they went.

They all had so much fun and even though it rained the whole time on Saturday morning. It was still a fun time.

Well needless to say though it poured all through the night and continued on Saturday morning. So I ended up taking apart the whole tent and everything by myself in the rain. It was not to bad until right as I was finishing up and then it started pouring. It was awful. They kids did not seem to mind and we came home with all of us soaked. It was really hard to stay dry outside in the rain. Any how thank you to all my friends in the ward who made this a great camp out.

9 comments:

Happy said...

WOW, you did go camping and you got to tell everyone about it. Rain did not keep us from taking you all when you were their age. Your dad loved camping and I did too. I am glad that you have support with your ward family. that is important because the young ones need to be able to continue knowing and enjoying things and just think, they will have so much to tell their daddy when he gets home. it is wonderful that you are doing all of this with them. I know that James would rather be out camping with you all and not on a ship. I can guarantee that statement.

Love and hugs and kisses to you all.

Love;

Mom

Lindi said...

Thanks for sharing all the pics! That was brave of you to do that without James there. I am glad you had a lot of help from everyone! I miss you!

LeAnn said...

Hey Tara! I loved looking at all your pictures! We didn't venture out very far so now we know how much fun we missed. We definitely want to go back to that place again when the weather is better.

Tanya said...

I hate it when we're camping and it rains! It just makes me want to go home. Your trip still looked like fun though! Those flounders are funny looking!

heidigoseek said...

thanks for helping me dig gracie out form the depths of the crashed tent. i don't have any pics of the campout...i may have to steal some of yours:)
btw...you are a stud to do that campout without your hubby!

Shayla Shumaker said...

wow, thats looks like so much fun (and work). Im glad to see you have enough energy to get up and do things with your kids! I loved the pics.
see ya!

Rachel said...

Hi I am Rachel's mother Bonnie Beasley, I was wondering if you have a relative by the name of Marian Shumaker in your family. She was a friend of mine in Virginia Beach long ago and i think of her often.

allyn said...

so much fun!!! we were really sad that we didn't get to stay the night...not.
i love your soundtrack!

Kara and Theo said...

You brave brave wooman! Camping is so much fun, but I don't think I could be brave enough like you to go without the hubby. Kudos to you!!!