CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The end of summer

As I sit here I am finding it very hard to know I will be sending my kids to school in just a few more days. I am excited don't get me wrong but I am also sad. I have for the most part loved our summer this year. It has been so much fun just going and always doing this with our kids. We have had a few fun vacations and we are so grateful we were able to go and have fun. I literally think though where has all the time gone and how did everything pass by so fast. I can not believe what used to be my sweet little baby is now 7, going into the second grade, obsessed with American Girl stuff as much as I was, and just a sweet friend to every one has grown up so fast. I just find it amazing that she is such a sweet girl who I totally adore. I find it crazy that my little boy is going off to school in a few more days for the first time. I already have such fears for him. I hope he makes friends easily. I hope he is a good boy for his teacher so she does not dread seeing him every day. I know that sounds awful but you know there is always a kid that the teacher thinks that of. I just do not want it to be mine. I hope he eats a good lunch so his teacher does not have to hear him say he is always hungry. And that is starving to death. He has grown up so fast too. I still remember looking at him when he was first born thinking of how small he was and now look at him. Oh well sorry I am just having a time warp for right now. I hope you did not mind me reminiscing and just sharing my fears of my kids.

2 comments:

heidigoseek said...

Ah, the end of summer. I feel like by the beginning of school, my body craves a schedule. I will miss summer, but I'm ready for fall:)
I need your phone number and email for book club info. Email me of you want.
ch.robertson@yahoo.com

Shayla Shumaker said...

Oh, being a mom is so great isnt it? There are a ton of emotions that come along with the job! I understand how you feel about the summer being gone. I've been dreading it... Now I just hope the next 2 1/2 years fly by.