CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 24, 2011

Appreciation

I struggle on a daily basis of "LOVING" my job. I love being a mom. Let me just start by saying that. It is fun (most of the time), rewarding, and I do find great joy in seeing the miles and love they have. But the chore of it is the part I do not always LOVE. I hate that make dinner almost every night. Some nights are less effort then others but I do it. I keep the kids in nice clothes, that are always washed, often before it has even been worn because they never get put away and end right back in the dirty clothes pile. I feel like my house is never clean enough. I am not a great house keeper but I do try, most of the time. Even grocery shopping. I stretch the budget as far as I can and then hate hearing, "we don't have any good cereal", or "I don't like that kind". I have great kids and I know this but I can go forever with out feeling appreciation of all the things. I do. It stinks sometimes. And it might get better as the kids get older but it is still a lack of feeling now.

Sometimes we all need to be reminded that we are loved and that we are appreciated. Heavenly Father knows our efforts. he knows what we strive to do every day even when others do not notice. One day we will be rewarded for our efforts we made here daily. As I think of this I am hopeful that when I get down about the "jobs" I do that no one notices, I will remember I have some one who always sees everything I do and try to do. Remembering this as I am doing dishes, sweeping floors, cleaning bathrooms, laundry, cooking, shopping, reading to the kids, snuggling, playing games, and all the other things I do as a mom, I will remember I am appreciated.

3 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

I know exactly how you feel! Especially the washing clean clothes over and over and over again...I keep telling myself there WILL be a light at the end of the tunnel! Everyone keeps telling me that I should cherish them now, and I just want to say back at them, why don't YOU cherish them! LOL! But I really am trying to enjoy all the good moments. I got choked up today after dusting a hand print in plaster that Tobie made when he was in preschool. It really does go by fast.

Happy said...

My EXTREMELY talented daughter, you are a great mom and you will see your rewards here on earth and you will feel Heavenly Father's love daily as you see your family grow together. It might not be in a week or two, but you will see it. As a MOM, I love seeing you grow each day and knowing that you are choosing the right way to do things for your family. Keep your chin up. We love you and send lots of hugs and kisses to you as well.
XOXOXOXO

Mom and Mark

Shayla Shumaker said...

Tara, you are singing my tune! Love you lots. And yes, it wont last forever.