CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

One more for catch up

So our church had a flag football game on Thursday morning. (Thanksgiving morning) SO James decided he would go out and play and I stayed at home with the kids and tried to still keep cooking. We were going to have 14 people at our house for Thanksgiving so I still had a lot of prep to do. Any how well James came home about an hour later and was looking pathetic. SO I asked if they were done and all I got was a no. I asked why he quit then and I heard I broke my ribs. I just look at him. How do you break your ribs in FLAG football. Well let me tell you how. You have a guy who in just about a month will turn 30 and still thinks his body should be able to be like it was back in high school. So when one 30 yr old body dives for the ball (because yes it was that important to win) and you are not wearing any pads bad things happen. So Chrissy was here at our house to try and help and she ends up taking James to the ER and they do not return till 2:30. I now have everyone at our house and we are waiting to see what happened with James. Well He has broken ribs. Well He was still hurting for the whole weekend so we got up on Sunday morning and he went to the boat to see if there was anything else wrong. Well they said he broke 4 ribs. He had to go to work on Monday and when he got there then they checked him out again and then they realized he has 6 broken ribs. So they have put him SIQ Sick in quarters. He has to go back in on Thursday and they will probably put him back on SIQ but we will see. Any how. He is so goofy though. Any how he hurts a ton but is hanging int there.

But I wanted to say I was one of those crazies who went to Walmart for Black Friday and got a bunch of good deals. I am so glad to say I am almost done with my shopping for our kids. I am loving to not have to be out there the closer it gets to Christmas. James went with me broken ribs and all and so that was fun to just hang out with him in the middle of total craziness from people who were fighting over a power wheel for $88. What fun times.

3 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

Holy Cow! So sad for James. What a trooper to still go with you Wal-Mart. I hope he recovers quickly!

Janice said...

Wow, that's like half of his ribs! I remembered after I talked to you on Sunday that I didn't ask how it happened. Oh, how life disappoints us when we find out our bodies don't work like they used to. It's sad.

Lindi said...

Geez... is James feeling better now? I haven't had time to read blogs much lately as you can tell. We got your Christmas card yesterday. Thanks! It is great to see your updated family photograph! Ours went in the mail yesterday to you... sorry it is late. A newborn baby tends to slow the abilitiy to accomplish things :D.