CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 8, 2008

I often wonder at this time of year if my kids are very greedy or if they know and care that there are kids out there who get far less then they do for Christmas. So yesterday we went to James boat Christmas party for the kids. It was a lot of fun and the kids got to do all sorts of fun activities. They had moon bounces for them to jump in. They had a rock climbing wall that you could climb. Crafts food and Santa. Well before the kids left they all got a present. SO as we left and the kids did not know what they were getting in there present I asked them if they would be willing to give their brand new toy to a boy or girl who was going to get anything for Christmas. SO to my surprise Bethannie was very fine with this idea. She said she knew she was having Christmas on Christmas day and she wanted to share. James said he wanted to give his toy away but did pout about it for a few moments. He does not quite get it I think. Mackenzie got a game we already own and so even though she is still so little we are taking all three presents and taking them to toys for tots. I am letting them drop them off so they feel what is is like to share. I was so pleased with my little ones. They know they do not get a lot of presents on Christmas morning but it will be what they want and much more then others.

5 comments:

heidigoseek said...

that's great. we often don't give our children enough opportunities to be truly generous. i think that's really nice!

LeAnn said...

Aw, what a great idea! You'll have to remind them throughout the year how good they felt in their hearts when they shared the toys with less fortunate children. You're a good mommy!

Go check out my blog. I finally got Splitsville Diner up and running. Do you have pictures and recipes from the Halloween party?

Johnson Family said...

what a wonderful story!! And you must be raising your kids right... (I knew you were anyways, so I kind of cheated on that one!)
I also just can't believe that James broke ribs playing Turkey Bowl football. I read that out loud to Morgan and we had a good chuckle, (and felt bad for him too.) But I could totally see myself doing to same thing!!!What, my body is not 30, oh wait it is!!!

Janice said...

You're definitely doing things right as a parent Tara! That should have been a nice pat on the back. Your children are so sweet. Maybe I'll see you and James at the gym this week.

Little Hensley Fam said...

that's a good idea! I think it's definately a good lesson you taught them, and I'm sure they'll remember it too!